• March 16, 2018 at 1:01 pm

A lot of fitness supplements, the energy ones, are based on guarana.  I noticed that’s the same ingredient in energy drinks.  Doesn’t that mean that I could just have an energy drink instead of using fitness supplements?

• March 20, 2018 at 12:26 pm

No.  Energy drinks are awful for you.  Ya, guarana isn’t great in any form.  I wouldn’t go for that at all.  But look at the rest of the ingredients in energy drinks.  They’re full of chemicals and sugar.  It’s best to avoid energy drinks outright if you are focused on your health and well being.

• March 26, 2018 at 1:08 pm

I was about to say yes, but KittyKatt you made a good point.  You’re right, all the other ingredients especially the sugar makes it not worthwhile.  It’s likely best to avoid energy drinks anyway.

• April 2, 2018 at 1:07 pm

Good thinking.  It hadn’t even occurred to me that the sugar or artificial sweetener is what you don’t want.  Normally that’s the first thing I look for.  Thanks for pointing that out.

• April 6, 2018 at 2:51 pm

I’m not trying to be controversial.  This is just something I’ve really been wondering.  I really don’t know why energy drinks are legal.  Especially why kids are able to buy them if they want them.  Didn’t they kill a college student once?