• July 30, 2018 at 1:58 pm

I’m trying to fit in the right number of cardio, strength training and yoga workouts every week.  I’m seeing a lot of numbers everywhere, like 3 strength training sessions per week, five yoga sessions, 5 cardio.  Is that really right?  I do’nt have time to do several workouts every day and I probably wouldn’t do it anyway.  What balance should I have?

• August 6, 2018 at 4:12 pm

I think that balance is the ideal.  Try to do 5 cardio workouts even if a couple of them are just good walks on your strength training days.  A couple of strength training days should do it.  Pop in some yoga whenever you can.  A 10 minute wake-up routine in the morning or a slightly longer stress-reduction one at night is all you need.

• August 9, 2018 at 9:00 pm

I think as long as you’re mixing it up and you stay active, you’ll be fine. It’s not like you’re body building, right? So just keep up the efforts and if you find over time you need one thing over another, change it 😀

• August 16, 2018 at 2:09 pm

I agree.  Just try to mix it up and not do too little of anything.  You don’t need to follow a specific set of numbers.  Don’t fall below 2 strength training sessions.  Do flexibility workouts as often as you want.  You can walk every day if you want but at least don’t drp below 5 days a week for cardio.  It can be intense or just a brisk walk. Just try to do it. 🙂