• May 3, 2018 at 12:56 pm

I really want to have a bathing suit body.  I have been losing weight and it’s going pretty good.  I’m proud of myself.  But the problem is that my middle is still squishy.  I can’t just keep doing crunches trying to firm up my belly.  I hate how saggy I look even though I’m slimmer.  I want to be able to show off my progress in a bathing suit but I’m just as embarrassed as ever

• May 10, 2018 at 12:57 pm

Is your middle squishy because of fat or skin or are you just not toned.  You’ll need to keep doing core exercises (try pilates!) if you need to tone your belly.  That said, if you need to burn fat, do cardio, too.  Targeted exercises won’t burn fat in that specific area.  It will only tone the muscles.  Cardio burns fat off your whole body.

• May 17, 2018 at 1:00 pm

I think Kittykatt pretty much said it all.  It depends on what is sagging to decide what you should do.  Keep up your toning exercises, but it’s the cardio that will burn fat if that’s what’s left behind. You should also massage the area and use some good skin creams that promote elasticity to help your stretched out skin to regain its shape again.  You might find that a one piece bathing suit will let you show off your great weight loss while keeping the squishies hidden a bit.  Go for the bikini next year instead.

• May 22, 2018 at 1:05 pm

you probably look way better than what you think.  Remember you’re your own worst critic. You might want to try on bathing suits with a friend or two with an opinion you trust. That might help you.

• May 28, 2018 at 1:20 pm

Thank you Helen1 and everybody.  I try to tell myself I look better than I see myself for that exact reason but its’s hard when I just see all the bad stuff in the mirror.