• May 1, 2018 at 12:33 pm

Looking for a review of bone broth used as a protein supplement instead of traditional powders like whey protein.  Anyone try using bone broth as a protein supplement?  If so, which one and did you like it?

• May 7, 2018 at 1:05 pm

I’ve just started with a product called organika.  I have been making my own until now and I love it.  It’s doing wonders for my skin and I feel great overall.  No negative impact on my weight loss.  I’ll get back to you about organika.  Just bought it so I don’t know the answers yet.  Doesn’t bloat me up like other protein supplements though.

• May 14, 2018 at 1:00 pm

I think that’s a good idea.  I prefer bone broth to traditional protein powders.  It’s actually surprisingly soothing just to sip it from a mug in the same way you would have a tea or a coffee.  It’s a far more natural way to get your protein and it also gives you collagen, which, I’m learning, is important too.

• May 15, 2018 at 1:12 pm

Do you make your own, Envirotodd or do you buy a powder?  I try to get the best powder I can because i don’t want to make my own. I heard you have to keep boiling hte bones for over 24 hours!

• May 21, 2018 at 3:49 pm

mostly I use an organic powder but I’ve started making my own at times.  I use the slow cooker so it’s safer and less energy to make it.  I can get a huge batch out of it (super easy since you don’t even need to peel the onions or garlic. Just a rough chop and throw it in  Don’t forget to add apple cider vinegar (2 tbsp, not enough to taste it).  throw everything in and just let it keep cooking.