• June 12, 2018 at 1:15 pm

What is the difference between a yoga wedge and yoga blocks?  Do they do the same thing but it’s a matter of preference or is there a function difference somewhere between those two things? I was given a video I want to try but it requires a wedge. Just wondering fi my blocks will work.

• June 18, 2018 at 1:54 pm

I think the wedge is really meant to be used when they recommend a wedge.  That said, those things are expensive so why don’t you see if you can use the blocks or a pillow in its place just to even see if you like the workout first.  If you love the workout, it may be worth the investment into the wedge.

• June 25, 2018 at 8:23 pm

Could you buy a piece of foam and just try to make one?  Is this something that needs to be specially made? If it’s just foam you could just make it and adjust as needed, right?

• June 28, 2018 at 7:02 pm

After all the time, effort and mess of trying to make one yourself, you’ll really wish you just bought one from the store already made.  If your blocks don’t work for you, I’d really recommend splurging and just getting the wedge. Plus, if you’ve never used a wedge, you likely don’t know how it is supposed to feel so you could end up making one wrong and you risk hurting yourself.

• July 3, 2018 at 1:06 pm

Thanks, you’re right. Not sure why it didn’t occur to me to just watch the video and figure out if I need a wedge or not.  I’ll give it a try with blocks if I can and I need something.  Or maybe just a rolled up towel or something.  Thanks for all the advice!