• April 10, 2018 at 12:30 pm

For some reason, after losing weight and maintaining it, I suddenly put on pounds.  Not just one or two.  Over ten in around 2 or 3 months.  I know i havne’t been perfectly careful about what i’ve been eating, but it shhouldn’t have done this.  Is there any way for me to know if I have PCOS or if it’s something else?

• April 17, 2018 at 12:22 pm

as far as I know, rapid weight gain can definitely be a symptom of PCOS.  do you also have really irregular or missing periods? are they super heavy? THere’s no way to know if this is what it is unless you talk to your doctor and then you’ll need to probably have an ultrasound to get a better idea. there’s no real test to know for sure but you can rule out other things to let you know if PCOS is likely. If you’ve gained wieght that fast, it’s a good idea to talk to your doc anywy, especially if the weight gain keeps up for no other reason.

• April 23, 2018 at 1:06 pm

If you’re worried and if what happened is odd for you, definitely 100 % go to the doctor.  It could be nothing but if it’s something, you’ll want to know.  There are so many reasons you could have gone through that.  PCOS is one, sure, but there are a lot of other things, too

• April 30, 2018 at 2:36 pm

Oh my goodness I didn’t really know anything about PCOS.  it sounds really scary.  Is it dangerous? I can’t even tell by what I’ve read online.  It sounds like it has a lot of symptoms but do you have to get surgery for it?