• August 8, 2018 at 1:19 pm

I’m getting tired of having sore muscles.  Even if I’m not doing too much of an extreme workout, my muscles are sore. Is it that I went for a very long walk when it was very hot out? I tried very hard to stay hydrated. I drank a ton of water.  Did I drink too much water?  It’s Wednesday and I did all the walking on Sunday. The soreness should be gone by now!  What do I do to ease it? It’s especailly in my calf muscles.  When I wake up, it’s like they’re too short. They’re so stiff it’s hard to stand with my heels on the floor.

• August 14, 2018 at 2:05 pm

Try taking a day or two off.  Keep drinking the water but make sure you’re also eating the right foods to heal up your muscles.  If it’s muscle pain, you might need more electrolytes and protein.  I’ve heard that watermelon is fantastic for muscle recovery.  Rest should make a big difference, too.

If you need to keep up a workout, consider doing something like swimming and focus on your upper body for a while. Let your legs rest.

• August 20, 2018 at 2:34 pm

That’s very good advice.  Rest up, do some gentle stretching and hydrate.  If it’s a problem over time, you really should talk to your doctor.  It could be somethign very simple that you’re doing wrong and that would be extremely easy to fix.  The odds are that it has to do with how you’re sitting the rest of the day, not recovering properly, hydration or nutrition, but when you can’t figure it out yourself, a pro is your best friend.