• May 31, 2018 at 7:44 pm

I recently went through two days of complete insomnia.  Not one wink of sleep.  They’re not kidding when they say that’s bad for your weight.  All I wanted was pizza, ice cream and date squares.  I had all these freaky cravings!  I just wanted fatty foods and sugary ones.  Even though it was hot out, the idea of vegetables was almost gross to me and I like veggies!  If you want to get the most weight loss I really recommend making a priority of a lot of sleep.

• June 5, 2018 at 1:08 pm

i couldn’t agree more!  I think that when you don’t sleep have a bunch of something healthy but really, really easy to prepare (or that takes no preparation) like baby carrots or something like that.  Then, go for it and eat what you crave.  Just make sure you’ve eaten a lot of the healthy thing first.  Eat it like a robot.  Then, savor the small portion of the junk food you’ve eaten so it feels like that’s really what your meal is all about. It’s comforting to eat what you crave, especially when you really don’t sleep.  But just make sure it’s not what fills you up.

• June 11, 2018 at 12:58 pm

Do you know what caused the insomnia?  Normally one or two days of bad eating isn’t good for your diet but it won’t throw off the whole thing.  SO I guess you’re probably saying this yourself is that you really need to focus on sleep when you diet.  We all do, I mean. Sleep is really important for losing weight or you just won’t stick with what you want to do.

• June 18, 2018 at 1:37 pm

I’m really not sure what caused it, KittyKatt.  I definitely started thinking a lot while I was awake, but I don’t know if it was the thinking that kept me awake or if it was that I was awake so I just started thinking because of it.  Or maybe the two fed each other.  Hard to know.   I do really agree that sleep is so important to weight loss. I’d say just as important as choosing the right diet and exercise!

• June 21, 2018 at 8:42 pm

On days when you really didn’t sleep, it’s a good idea to get up and move around. Lots of short exercise sessions.  You trick yourself into thinking your’e more awake than you are.  Then you’ll be able to eat better.  Just focus on stuff without a lot of prep time kind of like I said before.