• May 3, 2018 at 1:10 pm

Ok so doing keto can help to lower your risk of diabetes.  It changes the way your body burns fuel.  But what happens if you stop? Will your weight balloon back on and will your risk get worse as your body starts using glucose again?

• May 8, 2018 at 12:53 pm

THat’s what I’d assume.  Because I really don’t think it’s sustainable for the average person.  I can’t think of someone actually keeping this up – voluntarily, not just for diabetes control – and going like this for the rest of their lives.  I suppose if you could, it’d be fine, but if you stop, I imagine it would do a lot of damage to your blood sugar control and your metabolism.  Likely weight would baloon at least for a while.

• May 14, 2018 at 1:19 pm

I think the whole idea to keto is that it’s actually supposed to be a permanent lifestyle since it is actually somethign that had been meant for people with a chronic condition in mind.  Hopefully people won’t just “switch off” keto when they lose the weight and will be gradual about it.

• May 21, 2018 at 3:29 pm

I just tried googling the answer and it sounds pretty complex.  I don’t really understand ketosis/insulin and all that.  I didn’t even realize there was an alternative to glucose for giving energy to your body.  Now that they’re messing with all this stuff wiht diets, do they really understand it or are we all just guinea pigs?