• February 21, 2018 at 12:32 am

I always hear about losing weight and the diabetes/high blood sugar.  But I have low blood sugar and it drops to the point of hypoglycemia on occasion.  It means that when I’m hungry, I’m REALLY hungry and I crave sugar all the time.  It makes it very tough to lose weight because I crave sugar so much and when I want food, I want it now and I want a lot of it.  Any advice? I am sick of having a diet work for 3/4 of each day only to crash the rest of the time, then be successful for a while only to rebound once again.

• February 26, 2018 at 11:59 pm

I recently read an interesting blog about that.  It really is harder to lose weight when your blood sugar is regularly low because of sugar cravings, shrinking energy levels and huge bursts of hunger.  I’m sorry you’re going through that.  I think the key is balancing your proteins and carbs and eating lots and lots of small meals instead of big ones.

• March 6, 2018 at 12:00 am

Low blood sugar makes weight loss hard because of sudden extreme hunger and powerful sugar cravings.  So the key is to eat small meals regularly and paying attention to what you’re eating so you don’t cause spikes and crashes in your blood sugar.

• March 12, 2018 at 8:16 pm

Definitely have lots of little snacks throughout the day.  Resist the urge to have something high sugar.  Instead have things that are more balanced and help to keep your energy levels more even.  You can sugar crash really easily so that’s the last thing you want to do.

• March 16, 2018 at 1:30 pm

I’ve heard that when you’re hypoglycemic the last thing you should do is eat sweets even though that’s what you crave.  It only makes things worse.  Eat proteins mainly and some high quality carbs

• March 22, 2018 at 1:18 pm

I had no idea this was actually a thing.  It’s true, you do always hear about the problems with the risk of diabetes or actually having diabetes.  I had no idea the other end of the spectrum was something you could get in a chronic way.  That’s terrible!