• August 7, 2018 at 1:24 pm

I’m ending up with a really tight calf muscle all the time.  It really stiffens overnight, and it is painful in the morning.  The muscles are even tender to the touch so it is very painful to massage them. Is there some kind of massage device for the calf muscle? Is there something I am doing wrong or that I should be doing?

• August 13, 2018 at 2:19 pm

I get that, too, sometimes.  Maybe once or twice a year.  I don’t knwo the answer.  It can last for a few days though. I have to try to soak in warm water, massage the muscle (gently because it hurts) and I use a muscle pain cream on it.  It’s not too effective but it helps enough for me to keep doing it. I guess pills could probably help but I usually try not to take pain pills unless I really have to.

• August 20, 2018 at 2:04 pm

Oh no that doesn’t sound fun!  Have you tried one of those massagers that is pretty much a bar with little knobby wheels in the middle? So the ends of the bar are the handles and you just run the wheels up and down your muscle.  Or even one of those foam rollers.  That gets right into the muscle and presses out the tension.  If you learn how to use one of those, it might help you a lot.