• July 9, 2018 at 1:46 pm

What am I looking for in a fitness supplement? I know caffeine can work, but I don’t just want to take caffeine pills.  WHat other ingredients help? Is there some kind of protein supplement with caffeine or something?  Would that even work?  I thought protein comes after the workout.  Tips?

• July 16, 2018 at 1:47 pm

I don’t think I would combine protein and caffeine in the same supplement. I’d likely go for a protein supplement and a caffeine one, that way you can choose what you want and use at the appropriate times.  Trying to use protein and caffeine at the same time is like getting a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner.  It never really does the complete job you want it to do. With those things, you need two separate products.

You can always get something that gives you energy and burns fat or something like that to take ahead of your workout, with protein afterward, or protein and muscle maintenance.  Something to support healing, recovery and growth afterward.

• July 23, 2018 at 2:10 pm

I agree with you, KittyKatt.  I think it’s best to choose what your main goal is and select your supplement for that.  If it doesn’t work for you after a bit, you can adjust, but trying to do too much will probably just mean problems

• July 30, 2018 at 1:33 pm

Have you found exactly what it is you really need from your fitness supplements?  Maybe lay out your goals and come up with your needs.  Pay attention to energy levels and track your food to see if your protein levels are where they should be.  That will help you to know if you’re doing well for your energy, protein etc.  It could be that you’re doing fine in some areas and really don’t need supplements.  Other areas you might need more help.

• August 2, 2018 at 2:43 pm

I think Helen1 is on to something.  You really need to assess what you’re trying to get.  Once you know where you need help then you need to look into the products that can fix that. I really don’t think you should go for actual fitness results and nutrition results from the same product.  Keep them separate but make sure they don’t conflict either.