Have you ever wondered how many breakfast food calories you’re consuming? Have you tried using a nutrition tracker to compare the difference between your go-to at your favorite take-out, and what you have when you’re just eating breakfast at home? Thinking about having a fancy brunch and wondering about that tally?
Your Breakfast Food Calories Decide How You Start Your Day
Whether you’re having a fancy brunch with mimosas, are relaxing with your newspaper at that local hole in the wall or are still in your jammies in your own kitchen, your breakfast food calories determine the way your day gets started. This not only means you’ll have a better idea of your appropriate caloric intake for the rest of the day, but a nutrition tracker can also help you to better understand your macro balance (fats, proteins and carbohydrates) as well as your overall nutrition.
By understanding your breakfast food calories, you’ll automatically equip yourself with the information you need to make smart food choices right from the beginning of your day.
The Breakfast Food Calories in Your Fav Day-Starting Foods
When it comes to your morning favs, familiarize yourself with what they contain, including your breakfast food calories. To help you out, we’ve tallied up some common choices and how they stack up against each other.
Pancakes versus Cupcakes
There’s nothing wrong with a pancake breakfast when you’re including it as an occasional treat in what is otherwise an overall calorically appropriate diet. That said, as you understand what it contains, you’ll know why it is meant to be reserved for something a little special instead of a regular meal.
- 2 pancakes with ½ tbsp butter and 2 ounces of maple syrup will add 720 calories and 49 grams of sugar to your morning.
- Remember that this is about the identical calorie and sugar hit you’d have from consuming 2 gourmet cupcakes with the icing spread on thickly.
Surprised? It does help to understand the breakfast food calories in this meal so you can make more informed choices at breakfast time.
French Toast versus a Krispy Kreme Doughnut
So, you know how many breakfast food calories are packed into a couple of pancakes. You might be thinking that you have a secret alternative: French toast! Let’s see how that stacks up.
- 1 slice of French toast with ½ tbsp butter and 2 ounces of maple syrup will add 590 calories and 36 grams of sugar to your morning.
- Keep in mind that 3 Krispy Kreme doughnuts will give you 570 calories and 30 grams of sugar! Shocked? Three doughnuts contain less sugar and fewer calories than the 1 slice of French toast with the typical toppings.
Breakfast Burrito versus 12 Slices of Bacon
Absolutely love the convenience, spicy flavors and hunger satisfaction from a breakfast burrito? Let’s see what’s inside in terms of breakfast food calories!
- A local restaurant’s breakfast burrito will typically contain between 800 and 1200 calories and between 50 and 74 grams of fat.
- In case you thought that was worth it, keep in mind that 12 strips of bacon contain 500 calories and 42 grams of fat. Far less than that one burrito! Choose wisely!