Get going with our fall fitness challenge that is a full month long but that can be started on any day. Today is as good as any! Since the timing is based on when you start and not the date on the calendar, you don’t have any excuse to delay. It’s all about getting going right now!
Steps to Getting Started with This Fall Fitness Challenge
Each day on your fall fitness challenge calendar is a reminder of the good habits you should be adopting on a more regular basis. Pay attention to what they are because even though you only need to stick to each one for a day, you might find that they’re things you can do more regularly to benefit your health.
Still, for the next 31 days, this fall fitness challenge only has to be taken one step at a time for you to do it successfully. Remind yourself of each one as the holidays approach because practicing many of them again in the future could do a lot to help maintain a healthier body weight throughout that sugar laden season!
Time to Get Started!
- Day 1 – No sugary drinks! Stick to water, unsweetened tea and unsweetened water for hydration. Skip the alcohol, pop, juice, energy drinks and sports drinks.
- Day 2 – Do an extra flight of stairs or 5 squats.
- Day 3 – Count every calorie. Use an app or web-based calculator to track every single calorie you consume in your meals, snacks, drinks, and even that little taste you took of the sauce you were stirring.
- Day 4 – Park farther away than your usual space, even if it’s only different by a few stalls.
- Day 5 – Eat only vegetables for all your snacks. Smoothies and green juices do not count. Raw veggies must be eaten alone without dip. Cooked ones can’t be coated in sauces. If you’re not hungry enough to eat plain raw veggies, then you’re not actually hungry enough to need that snack.
- Day 6 – Walk during all phone calls and commercial breaks.
- Day 7 – Dry day. No alcohol.
- Day 8 – Do 25 crunches or 5 push-ups.
- Day 9 – Eat one green veggie with every meal you have today.
- Day 10 – Do 10 squats or 25 crunches.
- Day 11 – Drink one whole glass of water at each meal and at least one whole glass of water between meals.
- Day 12 – Go for a walk and spend three minutes gently stretching when you’re done.
- Day 13 – Have fish at one meal today. It cannot be breaded or fried.
- Day 14 – Look up one yoga pose you’d like to try. Watch a video describing how to do it properly. Do it once in the morning and once in the evening.
- Day 15 – Try one fruit and one vegetable you’ve never tried before.
- Day 16 – Find a staircase to use and walk up and down it three times each. Congratulations! You’re past halfway in your fall fitness challenge!
- Day 17 – Replace any refined grains you’d usually eat (white flour-based foods such as bread or pasta, for instance) with green vegetables.
- Day 18 – Do 1 minute of crunches or 1 minute or jumping jacks.
- Day 19 – Prepare a vegetable in a way you’ve never tried before.
- Day 20 – Go completely alcohol or refined grain free today.
- Day 21 – Do 10 push-ups or 10 lunges.
- Day 22 – Read inspirational quotes and find one that makes you feel truly motivated. Write it out and tape it to a place where you’ll see it often, such as your mirror or even your fridge.
- Day 23 – Do some yoga or go for a walk on your lunch break.
- Day 24 – Replace carb-heavy foods with low-carb foods in your meals today.
- Day 25 – Try a new breakfast that includes vegetables (green juices and smoothies don’t count).
- Day 26 – Look up some calming yoga poses. Try one at various times throughout your day to help reduce your stress level.
- Day 27 – Make one of these delicious fall sweet treats at half the calories of a traditional recipe.
- Day 28 – Do 25 squats or 25 crunches.
- Day 29 – Eat 1 vegetable at breakfast, 2 at lunch, and 3 at dinner.
- Day 30 – Eat at least one veggie from each of these colors today: red, green, and orange.
- Day 31 – Celebrate your victory over this fall fitness challenge by playing your favorite gotta-move song and dance to it as hard as you can for its entire duration.