• December 16, 2021 at 2:21 pm

Okay, so for the next 2 weeks, everything is going to get very hectic for me. I want to fit in fitness where I can. Is there such thing as a 5 minute workout that actually does something? Something other than just running on the spot…because i’m not going to do that dozens of times over two weeks.  Thank you in advance for your ideas!

• December 21, 2021 at 2:29 pm

Burpees aren’t fun but they’re perfect plyometrics to really get some power out of 5 minutes. In fact, if you can keep them up for a solid 5 minutes then you’re definitely fitter than me!

• January 6, 2022 at 2:48 pm

walk everywhere. Walk to the store. Walk to the mailbox. Walk to your neighbor’s house to visit. If it’s within a mile, walk there. Take the stairs and skip all elevators and escalators.

• January 11, 2022 at 3:28 pm

Thanks! I really did start doing some of those things. I’ve kept them up even as I have more time. So now I do my regular workout, but I squeak in some burpees now and again (not 5 minutes of them for sure!!!) and I do a lot of stairs.  I also park farther away so I will be forced to walk a bit more. I’m meeting my step goals almost every day! Thanks so much!

• January 17, 2022 at 3:23 pm

Good job! Keep it up and it will become second nature to do these things over time. It will make a difference.