• July 28, 2017 at 1:31 am

Allergies are so bad this year.  THey’re absolutely killing me.  Other than taking more allergy pills, is there anythign I can do to keep myself able to breathe while I’m exercising outside? I feel like I’m nearly gasping for air. I’m so winded and overheated when I haven’t been out there very long.  THanks for your help!

• August 2, 2017 at 12:46 am

Hydrate regularly so your body is workign at its best and try to go out at times of the day when you’re least likely to be bothered.  That depends on whether your allergies are based on molds or pollens.  Your doctor can help you out with that.  You’ll likely be sent for a scratch test.

• August 8, 2017 at 1:32 am

What if you try following a low histamine diet.  If you reduce the histamines you’re taking in, you might lower your body’s reactions to what’s affecting you from all around.  You could also just get an allergy shot so you’re not having to take antihistamines all day long. Do you think that could work?

• August 14, 2017 at 11:50 pm

I’d never even heard of a low histamine diet. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.  I never would have even known that existed if you didn’t mention it.  I dont’ think I’m doing it very well yet but I’m starting to learn which foods have high histamine levels or at least cause high histamine reactions in the body.

This has been very eye opening for me.  I haven’t experienced much of a difference with it yet but I am going to keep at it.  If I see a real difference I’ll report back here.  I really do like all natural options over thigns that require medication.

• August 17, 2017 at 11:29 pm

That’s a good idea envirotodd.  I wouldn’t have thought of that.  Hopefully it will all be temporary and the weather will change and take down your allergies so you wont have to keep things up for long.

• August 25, 2017 at 12:33 am

Let me know if it works for you.  Don’t forget to stay hydrated, too. The more you drink water, the better equipped your body will be to rid itself of whatever it is that is causing you irritation.  I’ve had a lot of problems with allergies this year too but I’ve found that drinking water has been especially helpful with my itchy eyes.  It won’t completely work a miracle but it can make life comfortable again.