• June 25, 2019 at 11:00 am

I’ve been looking at running shoes with five individual toes. Not going to name the brand so I’m not labeled as spam. They’re supposed to make it feel like you’re running in bare feet. Is that something I want? Is running barefoot better for you than running with cushioning and stability?

• July 1, 2019 at 12:24 pm

I’ve worn mine for a couple of years and love them. I started using them for outdoor yoga. Then I just found they were so comfortable I just wanted to keep using them. I wouldn’t be able to know if they’re for everyone, but I definitely love them in the summer.

• July 4, 2019 at 1:36 pm

Thanks KittyKatt.  I hope they’re good for running, too. You’re the first person I’ve talked to who has tried them.  At least I know they’re comfortable.

• July 9, 2019 at 2:46 pm

I think it’s a personal preference if they’re good for running.  I think I would find it hard with my heel hitting asphalt without the additional cushioning, but if you’re running on a softer surface, I bet it would be fine.  You’ll need to learn a whole new gait though.

• July 16, 2019 at 2:58 pm

I can’t imagine running without springy shoes. I rely on the cushioning.  The thought of running along a sidewalk or asphalt road in what is essentially protected bare feet sounds so painful to me.

• July 22, 2019 at 12:05 pm

A lot of people seem to be in love with those kinds of shoes. They run in them all the time.  There are tons of reviews talking about it.  It seems to be a thing where you love them or hate them for running.