• June 8, 2020 at 2:11 pm

Ok, so I was hearing all these things that say in times of stress, don’t do high impact workouts because they spike cortisol levels – the stress hormone.  But I really need a fat burning workout. I need to do better than what I’m doing.  I don’t know what workouts to do.  Any ideas?

• June 15, 2020 at 1:48 pm

You can still do intense workouts, just don’t do them too much.  Don’t go for a run 5 times a week if you’re controlling stress.  Go once or twice.  Then, if you find you’re still feeling good, you can try more, but pay attention to how you feel.  Add slowly and see how you go.

• June 18, 2020 at 2:59 pm

I say give on a try and see how you feel.  If you feel good, it’s fine. Don’t do it every single day, but if you do it, it works and it doesn’t make you feel any worse, then you’re just fine.

• June 25, 2020 at 2:38 pm

Thanks! Ok, that’s what I’ll do. That makes a lot of sense. I’ll just ease into it.  It’s funny how I needed someone else to point that out and now it all sounds so obvious.  I had an all-or-nothing mindset going on.

• June 30, 2020 at 2:20 pm

I looked into it a bit.  Try swimming!  Total body workout, lots of fat burning, but it’s actually calming, too!  I hope you can give that a try if there’s a pool or lake near you!

• July 6, 2020 at 1:49 pm

You’re right @helen1  swimming is a great idea.  Go at weird times during the week if you can. Everything is so busy lately on weekends!

• July 13, 2020 at 2:36 pm

Thanks for the swimming idea. I’ll see if there’s someplace open at lunchtime and if it’s busy.  Hopefully that’s an option. I’m in the mood for that lately.

• July 16, 2020 at 2:44 pm

Swimming sounds great right now. It has been so hot out that I barely want to leave the water! It’s the only thing that can keep my body temperature where it should be.

• July 23, 2020 at 2:25 pm

If you can’t go swimming, burpees will definitely help you get the job done.  Throw in a few sets throughout the day and you’ll do great things for keeping your blood flowing and burning fat, too.  Top it off with a bit of a brisk walk at some point and you’re golden.

• July 28, 2020 at 2:37 pm

Oh man, I can’t stand burpees. I’d rather do virtually anything else LOL

• August 6, 2020 at 2:16 pm

Maybe create a list of exercises you will do depending on the weather and your mood. That way, you’ll keep it interesting, and you’ll use a variety of muscles in different ways for the best results.