• August 28, 2018 at 12:55 pm

Lately, while I’ve been running (I alternate between running and walking HIIT) I’ve found that after about 15 minutes, the bottoms of my feet feel very hot.  It’s like they’re burning.  It feels like I shouldn’t keep running.  If I push through it, it doesn’t seem to do any harm and my feet aren’t sore when I get home, but they stay hot and burning the whole time. I’m not wearing new shoes. Same ones I’ve worn for nearly 2 months. Anyone ever go through this?

• September 4, 2018 at 12:57 pm

It could be that your feet are swelling from heat outside or for another reason.  My feet always get hot like that when I either have new shoes or my feet are very swollen.  New shoes mostly – because I tend to tie them tighter – but also when I have new socks or my feet swell.  Are you hydrating enough?  Are you eating a lot of salt?

• September 10, 2018 at 1:26 pm

Could it be that your shoes are dying?  Have you been running in them and wearing them a lot?  Maybe the spring isn’t in them anymore and it’s giving you tired feet.  I think that hot feeling is from tired feet.  Not entirely sure though

• September 17, 2018 at 12:48 pm

I would have said the same as brightstar.  It sounds like you might have worn the spring out of your shoes.  You might want to start shopping for a new pair, especially if this keeps up and it’s not just a temporary thing that goes away.  You might also want to look at your socks.  Are they getting old and worn?  DId you try new ones? Socks are just as important as the shoes themselves.  They might be tight or bunching and causing that problem.

• September 24, 2018 at 12:12 pm

Thanks. I’m going to try replacing my shoes.  Worst case, I have a spare pair. It’s such a strange feeling.  I’ve been soaking my feet at night, too, with salt water. I’m hoping to take down the inflammation.