• April 6, 2020 at 11:42 am

Ever since the pandemic started, I feel like my heart rate is already way up and when I drink coffee, it shoots up higher.  I think it’s the caffeine in it. I can’t seem to tolerate more than about half a coffee, or any diet pills right now. I really want to use them. Are there any I should try that won’t make me feel like I’m having a heart attack.

• April 9, 2020 at 12:08 pm

I’ve noticed the same thing. Not quite as strongly, but that I can’t have quite as much coffee. I’ve started making less in the morning. If I want more coffee “experience” i just make an instant decaf. It’s not as good but it’s still coffee but without making me feel tense.

• April 16, 2020 at 11:43 am

Isn’t that odd. I’ve been switching to decaf in the afternoon, which isn’t something I’ve done before.  It’s really getting to us. I hope we can adapt and get our stress levels down soon.  This is hard.

• April 21, 2020 at 12:37 pm

What if you switch to tea instead of coffee? that way, you still get some caffeine but not nearly as much.

• April 27, 2020 at 2:28 pm

I felt that way at the start, but I’ve found that I can drink my old amount of coffee again. I feel like I must be getting used to the stress so it’s not affecting me physically as much?

• May 4, 2020 at 2:34 pm

That’s interesting. I wonder if I could handle more caffeine now that things are starting to feel more normal.  I wonder if a lot of people are going through this.