• October 28, 2019 at 2:26 pm

I like Columbia clothes (when I can get them on sale ha ha!) but is their footwear any good? There is a pair of boots I’m considering but they’re more than I’d usually pay unless they’re excellent.  Anyone know?  I’m asking about active use, not just fashion.

• October 31, 2019 at 2:54 pm

I haven’t tried their boots.  I’ve seen some decent reviews and write ups about the materials of the soles.  I don’t know much about their footwear though, only jackets.

• November 7, 2019 at 12:26 pm

I think it’s a great brand and the boots will probably be made well.  They don’t score among the top performers for traction on ice or in snow.  Many models are warm and attractive.  It depends on what features you want, but it looks like if your top goal is not slipping, these aren’t them.  If you want to stay warm and look good, then these may do the trick. I guess it depends on how bad the weather gets where you live, too.

• November 13, 2019 at 2:00 pm

Thanks.  I tried them on in the store and they feel really good but there’s no way to know how they’ll perform on snow and ice until I’ve worn them outside and made them impossible to return if they don’t work.