• June 21, 2021 at 2:25 pm

This is probably a stupid question, but what’s the difference between jogging and running.  At what point does it cross over?

• June 24, 2021 at 12:41 pm

Speed and stride length.  Jogging is what happens when you’re going just fast enough that you can’t walk anymore so you need more of a hop to your step. Running happens when you go faster than that.

• June 29, 2021 at 2:16 pm

LOL I would have thought it was stupid if I was the one asking it, too, but then when I went to answer you, I really had to think!  Ya, it’s not stupid one bit. The answer isn’t obvious.  It has to do with your speed and the type of stride you’re taking.  Your form is different when you’re jogging than when you’re running.  You’re not propelling yourself forward in the same way.

• July 8, 2021 at 1:27 pm

Thanks for the answers. I feel less goofy about wondering about it. I guess I’m not the only one who couldn’t tell the difference.

• July 13, 2021 at 2:27 pm

Oh you shouldn’t ever feel goofy about asking questions here. THat’s what this place is for. I’ve asked some doozies here, too, but everyone is pretty nice here. Plus, it feels good when you know the answer to a question, so even if it seems like a simple question that you’re asking, it makes it easier for the rest of us to feel smart by helping haha!