• August 26, 2019 at 1:52 pm

If I’m overweight, not obese, and I lose weight to the point that i’m in a normal weight zone, should I automatically consider myself healthier than I used to be?  Is weight loss into the normal zone always good for your body or are there exceptions?

• August 29, 2019 at 12:11 pm

I don’t think there’s anything you can do to automatically consider yourslef healthier.  I think it’s a great step toward improved health and  a component of a healthier lifestyle but it doesn’t mean that if your weight changes you can automatically know that there is something specific that will be better about your health.  You can probably safely say your lifestyle is more conducive to better health and your risks are likely lower, but only with medical tests and a doctor’s help can you actually know if a measurable health factor difference happened from dropping the pounds.

• September 5, 2019 at 11:43 am

I think it will make you healthier but maybe not by curing some disease you have.  It will help you to exercise easier.  It will help you to keep inflammation down.  It will take strain off joints in your body.  So it’s not too obvious but over time if it means you won’t suffer from joint pain, improved insulin levels, less digestive issues or arthritis, it still means you’re healthier.

• September 9, 2019 at 2:17 pm

Being in your healthy weight zone always gives you a health advantage.  It doesn’t mean you’ll cure any diseases but it’ll give your body a better shot overall and you’ll probably just feel better overall.

• September 19, 2019 at 1:41 pm

Thanks! I guess it’s always a good goal to stay in a good body mass zone even without trying to cure something.  I wish there was more research about this topic and trustworthy information.  Everything I read is contradicting.