• January 7, 2017 at 1:13 am

Anyone ever tried this?  I like the idea of doing atkins but vegan.  Is it hard to get the macronutrient balance?

• January 13, 2017 at 3:43 am

I tried this about ten years ago.  The eco atkins diet isn’t anything new.  It’s just like the atkins diet but it’s even more restrictive.  I found it very hard to use and I was tired a lot of the time.  I think it would take a nutrition expert to get the balance of nutrients right in this diet and it would take a miracle to be able to keep it up over the long term.

Anytime I’ve ever heard anyone bringing up eco atkins I’ve told them not to do it.  I would never recommend it after having tried to keep it up.  It sounds like an extremely good idea in concept.  I still find that it sounds convincing.  It’s just not something that makes sense when you apply it to real life and the average person’s limitations.

• January 17, 2017 at 11:41 pm

That sounds like it would be very hard.  It’s already tough to get enough protein and to cut back on carbs enough when you’re following a normal diet.  It’s hard to get enough protein when you go vegan, especially at the start while you’re still learning.  To get a huge amount of protein without carbs to back it up sounds next to impossible.

• January 24, 2017 at 2:59 am

Thanks Brightstar and Penny.  Actually the mroe I look into it the harder it looks to do but I’m still interested in it.  I think I’m going to give it a try to see how it goes.  I’ll probably fail but I’ll hate myself if I don’t try it to know for sure 😉

• February 1, 2017 at 2:14 am

Any luck with this so far, Envirotodd?  I’m very curious to find out how it goes.  I don’t think I could do it for myself but I still want to know how it plays out.  it sounds very challenging.