• August 30, 2016 at 12:23 am

This may be weird to say but I feel like exercising doesn’t really make me lose as much weight as eating right.  But at the same time, I feel like exercising makes me eat right so I’ll lose more weight.  Does anyone else have that experience or is that just me who is weird?

• September 2, 2016 at 1:38 am

That doesn’t seem weird to me.  That makes sense.  Food is the main thing that will bring weight loss around but if you don’t exercise, you haven’t completed the package.  I think that makes sense haha.

I don’t really feel driven by the way I eat.  I feel driven when I’ve taken action – that is, I’ve exercised.  Even a really good brisk walk can push me to want to eat better and then exercise again the next day.

• September 6, 2016 at 10:39 pm

I find that when I do all kinds of workout.  There’s something about exercising that makes me want to eat right all around as long as it’s made for me.  If I have to cook, I’m too hungry so I just want to go for something fast.  I usually have healthy snacks while I cook a healthy meal just so I won’t end up with pizza every time.

• September 12, 2016 at 8:32 pm

Exercising does motivate me to take better care of myself but it also means I have to pay even more attention to what I eat otherwise I will feel starving all the time.

• September 15, 2016 at 11:48 pm

I feel the same way, envirotodd. I actually plan a special snack for after my workout that has both carbs and protein in it because if I don’t, I’ll end up just eating anything I can get my hands on.  If I haven’t portion controlled my snack, I could end up eating way too much because I just keep going.  It’s nuts!  It’s like exercising turns me into a temporary bottomless pit.

• September 22, 2016 at 11:06 pm

Thanks! It’s good to know I’m not the only one who feels that way.  I didn’t really think about protein and things like that for snacking.  Usually I try to wait until my next meal.  I guess that was dumb.  I’ll see if I can come up with a good snack.  Any ideas for that?

• September 28, 2016 at 2:32 am

also worth considering is that you get a boost of positive feelings from exercising because it boosts dopamine in your brain.  When you feel positive you are more likely to feel motivated!