• January 10, 2022 at 3:11 pm

It’s hard to get all the sunlight I need these days so when I see the sun out, if I have the chance, I go for a walk, do yoga or some other exercise in sunlight. I like to go for a walk, but as long as I can be in the sunbeam while I exercise, I’ll do it inside since it’s cold out. Worst case, I’ll just look outside a lot at the sunshine. I bet that makes a difference. I think the ideal is sunlight, fresh air and movement though.

• January 13, 2022 at 3:28 pm

Good strategy.  Do you feel that you’re getting enough? YOu could get a light box/bright light therapy lamp too if you’re worried you’re still not getting enough. It’s not the same, but it will top you up.

• January 20, 2022 at 3:02 pm

Do those light therapy boxes and masks really work for that or are they just a gimmick?  My library has a reading station with a light therapy section for people who don’t get enough sunlight, but that thing is a big light, not just a little thing that sits on a desk or right on your face.  Do they work?

• January 24, 2022 at 3:14 pm

I feel that they really work. There are some good products and not very good ones.  It’s important to use the right one and to use it safely and appropriately.  But if you get SAD, they can make a serious difference.