• November 5, 2018 at 1:39 pm

I just picked up a Fit Circuit Elastic Stretch Band a few days ago at a dollar store.  I’d been looking for a resistance band with handles, but they were sold out.  This is just pretty much a long stretchy wide ribbon. I really like it for yoga and pilates and that type of thing.  It’s not as good for a lot of the other workouts I was thinking about doing with it, but it’s excellent for those workouts. I’m enjoying it, but I will still likely get the kind with the handles.

• November 12, 2018 at 2:06 pm

That’s a good tip. Thanks.  If you only bought it at a dollar store that’s a lot cheaper than the ten dollars I’ve seen them for.  It’s a good way to test out the different types of resistance, too.  That said, I don’t think there is a consistent resistance level rating from one brand to another, so it should just give you an idea.  Still, I might be on my way to the dollar store later today to pick one up!

• November 15, 2018 at 2:01 pm

who knew that you could even get sports equipment at the dollar store? Is the stuff any different for the more expensive kind or are they essentially the same but there’s just a higher markup with other products?  Worth a try though!

• November 22, 2018 at 5:12 pm

I’m very curious about those types of resistance bands.  Do you know where I can find a workout for a beginner using one?  I wouldn’t mind a good workout that lasts for a little bit, but not a whole half hour.

• November 26, 2018 at 2:06 pm

You can always check YouTube, Brightstar.  Good place to start and at least find out what kinds of things you can do with the resistance band. You can take it from there once you know what you like.