• August 8, 2018 at 1:19 pm

I’m getting tired of having sore muscles.  Even if I’m not doing too much of an extreme workout, my muscles are sore. Is it that I went for a very long walk when it was very hot out? I tried very hard to stay hydrated. I drank a ton of water.  Did I drink too much water?  It’s Wednesday and I did all the walking on Sunday. The soreness should be gone by now!  What do I do to ease it? It’s especailly in my calf muscles.  When I wake up, it’s like they’re too short. They’re so stiff it’s hard to stand with my heels on the floor.

• August 14, 2018 at 2:05 pm

Try taking a day or two off.  Keep drinking the water but make sure you’re also eating the right foods to heal up your muscles.  If it’s muscle pain, you might need more electrolytes and protein.  I’ve heard that watermelon is fantastic for muscle recovery.  Rest should make a big difference, too.

If you need to keep up a workout, consider doing something like swimming and focus on your upper body for a while. Let your legs rest.

• August 20, 2018 at 2:34 pm

That’s very good advice.  Rest up, do some gentle stretching and hydrate.  If it’s a problem over time, you really should talk to your doctor.  It could be somethign very simple that you’re doing wrong and that would be extremely easy to fix.  The odds are that it has to do with how you’re sitting the rest of the day, not recovering properly, hydration or nutrition, but when you can’t figure it out yourself, a pro is your best friend.

• August 27, 2018 at 12:49 pm

Thanks. I guess I probably just overdid it without knowing it or got dehydrated without knowing it.  I got better after a couple days of rest so I feel a lot better now.  I really thought I was drinking lots of water and not overdoing it, though.  Does anyone know how to prevent that kind of thing from happening? I really don’t want to make a habit of this.

• September 3, 2018 at 4:38 pm

I just got a post-workout massage tool.  It’s a bar with a roller on it.  Works wonders.  Love it.  It eases immediate pain and makes a huge difference to prevent pain and tightness in the future.  Lets me recover fast and get back to workouts sooner.  Get a good one and give it a try.  I bet it will make a difference.

• September 6, 2018 at 1:35 pm

I have somethign like that Brightstar.  Feels nice when I use it, but it feels way better the next day. I really don’t get the soreness the next day that I used to.  I don’t find that it does too much immediately except feeling nice at the time, but it’s really great the next day.  The next morning the stiffness isn’t a problem.