• August 13, 2019 at 11:39 am

Anyone know anything about GABA supplements for better rest and calm so you can lose weight better by reducing stress and fatigue?  I’ve heard people (including a neighbor) raving about them, but I’ve seen conflicting information online. Are they safe? Have you tried them? How much did you take? Did you get side effects? did you talk to a doctor first?

• August 22, 2019 at 2:27 pm

I have a neighbor who uses it, too. I googled it and didn’t like the risks linked with it.  It’s not for everyone and there are a lot of possible side effects.  Definitely a “talk to your doctor first” supplement. I think it works if your natural levels are low, but if that’s not the case, you shouldn’t monkey with it.

• August 27, 2019 at 11:41 am

I tried them, @envirotodd!  I used them for one month because it was how much was in the bottle.  I didn’t notice any benefits effects and I didn’t have any side effects.  It was like taking a sugar pill.  For me, they didn’t work.

• September 2, 2019 at 4:44 pm

I think that’s definitely something to talk to your doctor about.  I mean, nobody seems to be having good results with it.  Maybe there’s something we don’t know and that your doc can help you figure out?