• April 30, 2020 at 2:36 pm

My bike needs a tune up but I’m trying to avoid going to any stores if I don’t have to because of social distancing. Is it safe for me to do my own tune ups and repairs with very little experience or am I asking for disaster?

• May 7, 2020 at 1:50 pm

If you just need to clean it up and add some grease to the chain, I’d say just go for it yourself.  But if you need to do repairs on the brakes or something else like that, I’d be careful what decisions you make.  Maybe check out some good quality YouTube tutorials to help you decide whether the things you need to do are things you can do or if you should risk it by bringing it into a shop.  I’m sure there are shops in your area taking social distancing precautions.  You might be able to drop it off and pick it up without entering the store.  When you bring it home, give it a quick wash and then wash your hands.  Wash your hands after riding it every time regardless.  Avoid touching your face.  You should be fine.

• May 12, 2020 at 2:11 pm

You can always give it a try.  Just do’nt cut anything and don’t grease your brakes 😉

• May 19, 2020 at 2:39 pm

If your bike just needs a tune-up but no repairs, it’s easier than you think as long as you have the time to do it and you have a good YouTube video to guide you. Go for it, then just take care on the first ride .

• May 25, 2020 at 2:33 pm

Just do what you know how ot do.  The shops will open up soon enough.

• June 1, 2020 at 2:26 pm

Pump up the tires, make sure the chain moves smoothly and is properly greased, check over your tires for damage or cracks.  Check over the whole bike for visible damage.  Test your brakes.  Go for it. You’ll be fine.