• December 12, 2019 at 12:39 pm

If I have 1 to 2 glasses of wine per evening, how negative is the health impact? I’m seeing a lot of mixed article claims.  Some say a glass of red wine is good for you (but not white? I’m not sure I understand).  But other studies say no alcohol is ever good for you.  Assuming it’s not good for you, is it bad for you? If i have a glass every night, is that actually bad? Am I harming myself?

• December 19, 2019 at 12:47 pm

I’ve read that no alcohol is good for you.  It’s worse for women than men.  As long as you really limit the amount you drink, it shouldn’t be harmful.  But every amount is bad for you.  If you had one glass of wine per week, it likely won’t put you at an increased risk of anything, but it’s still not doing your health any favors.

• December 31, 2019 at 6:00 pm

Just have no more than a glass per day and you’ll be fine.  It’s no more damaging than having a candy bar or something else normal that isn’t good for you but that really won’t kill you if you just control how much you have.

• January 6, 2020 at 3:22 pm

I had another idea. If you want to know what impact alcohol is really havnig on you, go dry for the rest of January.  See how you feel by the end of the month (don’t judge right away. Give your body the chance to recover).  A lot of people say they feel better and have more energy.  See if that works for you. That might help to show you if even a small amount of alcohol is having a bad impact on you.

• January 13, 2020 at 1:42 pm

I agree.  It’s not good for you but it’s not horrible for you if you just have one or if you have no more than two but only now and again.  I mean, an ice cream cone isn’t good for you either, but as long as you don’t have two of them daily, it’s fine.

• January 16, 2020 at 3:24 pm

That’s a good point @KittyKatt

We eat a lot of stuff that isn’t technically good for us, but it doesn’t mean it’ll hurt us if we just have a bit of it now and again.

• January 23, 2020 at 12:42 pm

Just remember that if you’re already having one or two of those things in a day, stop there. They do build up and it’s not just if you have too much of one of them. You shouldn’t combine them too much either.  But a little bit here and there won’t hurt. We still have to enjoy life!