• February 4, 2019 at 1:32 pm

I’m building back up to running again for the spring.  I’m walking first, then I’ll run (jog, then run).  How fast should I be walking before I start adding intervals of running? Should I practically be jogging already or is it not quite that obvious?

• February 7, 2019 at 1:29 pm

When you’re walking briskly for the full walk, and it’s still not challenging to you, then you’re ready to boost things up.  I think it’s a good idea to begin with intervals.  Add a minute of running or jogging to your walk and increase over time.

• February 14, 2019 at 1:01 pm

When you feel ready to give it a try, just go for a it a little at a time.  Even if you just start with thirty seconds and you walk briskly the rest of the time.  If you feel your walk just isn’t doing it for you anymore, then just give it a try but don’t over-do it.  Add a bit more as you feel that you can do it, but don’t push yourself so hard you’ll get injured.  Take your time.

• February 19, 2019 at 1:21 pm

Oh that’s amazing. I don’t have any advice to offer but I do want to say congrats that you’re doing this.  You can do it!  Don’t give up.  You are going to feel great once you are running.