• January 13, 2022 at 9:34 am

Hello everyone, I have a question. I lost 20 pounds of fat in just two weeks following one diet plan I found online for free.

Do you think it is healthy to lose so much weight in a short period?

Although, I feel great and very energized.

• January 13, 2022 at 3:16 pm

Congratulations! I didn’t think that was medically possible. Is a lot of it water weight? Maybe talk to your doctor about that one. Doesn’t sound like the sort of thing most people should do. It’s super great that you’ve lost that much.  You must have had to get a whole new wardrobe! Have fun shopping and take care with extreme fad dieting like that.

• January 18, 2022 at 3:22 pm

I don’t think there’s any way of answering that question without talking to your doctor. Sounds like water loss in that span of time, with maybe a handful of pounds lost of fat.  Not trying to be negative.  Honestly, I would loooooove to lose that much weight in that tiny amount of time, but I know it’s usually recommended that people don’t aim for more than 2 pounds per week, so that seems like a lot.

I’d assume that the answer is “no”, that it’s not healthy, particularly because that must have involved something extreme and unsustainable.  I hope the pounds stay off and don’t climb back on again. I’ve tried fad diets that gave me fast weight loss in the past…but here I am still trying to lose, so they clearly didn’t work for me.

I’ve got my fingers crossed for you!