• May 2, 2022 at 2:17 pm

OMG hills are killing me this year. How do I build up the strength to get up the looooong gradual hills? I’m sick of getting off and walking.  Is it my bike or is it me?

• May 5, 2022 at 1:21 pm

Just keep going. Keep riding your bike. Do some lower hills when you can. You’ll build up to it.

• May 12, 2022 at 2:04 pm

I agree. Just keep it up. Maybe do some core and leg strengthening exercises now and again too, but don’t overdo it. Remember that rest and recovery is as important as strength training. You can do it!

• May 17, 2022 at 2:18 pm

Okay, thanks. I was afraid I just didn’t have some kind of technique that other people know. No matter what gear I use, it’s just too much. I’ll keep trying. Hopefully at some point I’ll get even halfway to the top!

• May 26, 2022 at 1:30 pm

Do some leg exercises on the days you’re not cycling too, but don’t forget to also have rest days. You’ll build strength faster if you give your muscles recovery time. It feels like you’re doing nothing and wasting time, but you really will do better by giving your muscles time to heal up those microtears and build strength.

• May 31, 2022 at 1:50 pm

That’s very true. Don’t forget that while working out and building those muscles is important, so is recovery time.  Stay hydrated and eat enough protein to support your muscle recovery.