• December 19, 2022 at 12:35 pm

If I just stop trying for healthy food and exercise from now until December 31, how bad is it for me really? Will it really affect me in any big way or just not ideal but Ill be fine because its’ a short time. I’m just so tired of making an effort right now. I want to keep up with all my holiday prep, then I want to just relax between christmas and new year. Is that bad?

• December 22, 2022 at 2:10 pm

It’s not the best idea. I’m sure no doctor would recommend it. But if it’s for 2 weeks, you should be fine. YOu’ll have some energy and nutrition setbacks but they should be minor. You’ll be ok.

• January 9, 2023 at 2:40 pm

You’ll be fine.  Just start up slow in case you’ve stiffened up a bit. Don’t do it often and you’ll be fine.

• January 16, 2023 at 2:27 pm

Turns out it went ok. Thank you both for your comments. I felt better that I wasn’t just letting myself down. I gained some weight and felt tired, but then I got my energy back and I’m doing ok now as though I didn’t even slack off for a bit. It was so good to just give myself permission and not feel guilty about it instead of trying to force myself to keep up my usual healthy habits and then just let myself down when it doesn’t work out. I will do this again at the end of this year. It worked just fine for me.