• October 19, 2017 at 12:03 am

I just got probiotics that are supposed to be good for IBS and similar conditions. I’ve been reading a lot about the difference probiotics can make to weight loss.  Are these the right kind?

• October 26, 2017 at 1:05 am

I’ve heard the same thing about probiotics for digestive disorders.  THere is a growing amount of research that is looking like our body’s microbiome actually plays a pretty important role in weight loss, too.  It’s not all figured out yet so it’s impossible to know which bacteria to use and how much of a difference they make but regardless, at least 10 billion a day can be good for you.

• October 30, 2017 at 11:41 pm

I don’t think they’re the same as taking a good diet pill, but they do support the body and its systems.  I think more and more research is showing that there is a health benefit to probiotics that can encourage better efficiency to weight loss and better immune system, too.

• November 7, 2017 at 1:31 am

not all probiotics are the same. The IBS ones are good for if you have irritable bowel syndrome or similar problems with your digestive system.  THere are a lot of differnet kinds of probiotics. There are also ones for digestion, womens issues and others.  Mostly it’s a matter of choosing the one right for your digestive needs and your body’s needs.  Make sure you’re getting about 50 billion per day.

• November 10, 2017 at 12:48 am

It’s funny that we’ve been talking about this. the first even perfectly clean lab in a university just opened to study the human biome.  They may find out that probiotics do way more than we think and they’ll find out how.  pretty cool