• July 29, 2019 at 5:19 pm

How hot are those long-sleeve/rash guard swimsuits that protect you from the sun?  Like if you swim but then hang out on the beach, will you feel like you’re going to die? I can’t tell online and none of my local stores seem to have them.

• August 1, 2019 at 12:32 pm

It depends on the one you get.  SOme of them have a lot of mesh stuff.  Others are made of really breathable fabric.  Some are really just meant for when you’re in the water and they are pretty hot.  Look into reviews, read what the manufacturers say about them and ask the store questions if you can.  You can even just look into the fabrics listed so you can see if they’re breathable.

• August 8, 2019 at 1:38 pm

I guess there are some that are cooler.  I have one that is like wearing plastic wrap until you’re in the water.  IT’s great in the water but I feel like i”m going to bake until then.  If anything is going to give me a rash, it’s the heat from the rash guard until I’m in the water!

• August 12, 2019 at 2:29 pm

Thanks! I was afraid of that.  Makes it so hard when I can only buy them online. The only way for me to find out if one I like is too hot or not is to order it.  Maybe I’ll try to come up with another idea.  Not sure what, but we’ll see.  Thanks so much for your help.

• August 22, 2019 at 2:12 pm

Just check the return policy for the place before you buy.  A lot of good clothing stores offer free shipping for returns if things don’t fit.