• April 9, 2019 at 12:35 pm

I’m trying very hard to be consistent about losing weight. I’m eating the right number of calories, exercising every day, eating healthy food with a good macro balance.  I really am keeping it up.  As far as my tracking shows, I’m doing pretty much the same thing every day, week after week.  Here is my weight loss pattern every single month.

Week 1 – 0 pounds

Week 2 – 1 pound

Week 3 – 0.5 pounds

Week 4 – 4 pounds

It comes out to a number I’m proud of but that pattern is the same (sometimes numbers are switched around, but you get the point).  Is this normal?  Should I be losing very little, then a lot all in one week?

• April 15, 2019 at 12:33 pm

I bet it’s just that you’re doing everything right and that’s how your body drops pounds. You’re likely building muscle throughout as you burn fat, so it just looks like nothing is happening for a stretch, then more fat comes off faster than you build muscle, then you go back to it . you’ll likely level off after a bit.  As long as you feel good and aren’t gaining by more than a pound per month and still end up down at the end of the month, you’re likely fine and shouldn’t worry.

• April 22, 2019 at 11:53 am

By the end of the month, you’re still losing 5.5 pounds.  That’s a good number.  If your total after 4 weeks stays like that, I’d say you’re doing fine. If you want to lose weight faster, you’ll probably have to eat fewer calories.  That might make it harder to keep up over time. I’d be proud of what you’re doing.

• April 25, 2019 at 12:46 pm

I’ve lost 2 pounds since that post.  1 pound per week.  I’m wondering if I’ve leveled off.  Thanks for helping me. I’m hoping that things are good now.