• May 26, 2020 at 1:49 pm

The weather in my area has switched from cool to very hot as though someone flicked a switch. I haven’t acclimated and I’m overheating very easily when I try to do my workouts. Any advice other than drinking water and wearing cool clothes? I’ve done those.

• June 1, 2020 at 2:42 pm

Don’t use your AC unless it gets extremely hot.  Let yourself live in the temperature.  Be calm and don’t push yourself too hard.  It’ll help you get used to it way faster.

• June 8, 2020 at 2:02 pm

My area is hot then cold then hot then cold. I’m just trying to dress appropriately and not climate control everything in the hopes that I’ll just keep comfortable.

• June 11, 2020 at 11:53 am

I think you’re pretty much doing what you can. Dress cool, take it easy, drink water, that’s about it.

• June 11, 2020 at 2:20 pm

Thanks. I figured that was pretty much it.  But I was just hoping there was more, like some secret trick that makes all the difference.  It’s getting easier. I think it is working. I had to use the AC during a rain storm, but I’ve avoided it other than that.

• June 18, 2020 at 2:50 pm

Doing any better?  Maybe drink tons of water and use one of those cooling towels they make? The kind you just wet and wring out and they help you a bit for an hour or two? Just shake them out to get them cool again?

• June 24, 2020 at 2:18 pm

I forgot about those cooling towels.  They never seem like they’re working until you take them off and realize what they were doing. The same like cold medicine. Doesn’t feel like anything is benefiting until it wears off!

• June 29, 2020 at 2:57 pm

You’re very right about those towels. I always think they’re a crock until I take it off and realize it’s a lot hotter without them. A fresh shake and they’re cold again.