• April 11, 2019 at 12:18 pm

My sister is doing Plant Paradox.  She read the book cover to cover (she’s one of those really dedicated people) and loves it and says it makes complete sense to it. From everything I’ve seen online, it’s controversial at best and nothing says that lectins are actually toxic the way the Plant Paradox says it is.  Is my sister on to something or did she fall for a fad diet?

• April 16, 2019 at 11:56 am

To me, it looks like the Plant Paradox does have you eating whole foods and pretty healthy foods, but it restricts things unnecessarily.  Yes, it makes you eat healthy foods, but it cuts out healthy foods, too, when you dont even have to.  Cutting whole grains, most beans, lentils, tomatoes, etc?  Why?  Countries that eat those foods have some of the best health and longest lifespans in the world.

• April 22, 2019 at 12:08 pm

I say that she’ll likely not keep it up over the long term, but for what she actually is eating, she’ll probably do fine.  Her main struggle will be when she gives up on it, because she’ll need to realistically keep lost weight off. I think it’s a fad, overkill diet.