• October 18, 2018 at 1:26 pm

My sister just bought me a packet of lemon pistachio protein balls.  Are they actually good for you or not?  These ones say they’re 15 percent protein and they have 190 calories for all six of them.  They’re tiny but I ate two and that’s pretty much all I want in one sitting so that’s not too bad.  Are they actually any good for health and a balanced diet? Are they a good way to get more protein? Or am I just eating another snack that pretends to be great but it’s really just messing with my head?

• October 23, 2018 at 1:25 pm

it depends on the rest of the ingredients in the protein balls.  Also, check the nutrition table. There might be a lot of sugar in there, too. Some sugar won’t kill you, especially since it is naturally found in dates and most of them are made with dates.  Also, they may be 15 percent protein, but check out how many grams of protein you’re actually getting from it.  It needs to be worth the calories.

• October 29, 2018 at 1:46 pm

Yup, that’s it.  They’re not all the same.  You’ve got to check your nutrition table and especially your ingredients.  Try to ignore any marketing statements or claims or statements on the package.  That way, you won’t be swayed by that.  You’ll just look at the direct facts about what’s in it. compare different products. Some are way better than others.

• November 5, 2018 at 1:26 pm

I wish this was more obvious.  I’m really bad at reading nutrition labels. I’m always telling people to read them, but I can honestly say I’m horrible at it.  I am very good at comparing two products. I can make good decisions between two similar options at the grocery store.  But when it comes to just looking at something and deciding if it’s healthy, I’m terrible at it.