• September 6, 2018 at 11:12 am

I recently did the keto diet for the second time.  The first time around I dropped 20 lbs.  This last time I only lost 12 lbs, but I could see a HUGE difference in the mirror.  That’s where it counts though, right?  I only came off keto when I went on vacation (admittedly so I could pig out).  Now I am seriously considering a detox or a cleanse before getting back on it.  I am told there is a difference, although I am not sure what it is.  I recently heard about a detox involving red tea that is supposed to boost energy and promote rapid fat loss.  HERE is the article I read.  I know a lot of people drink green tea, but this is the first I have heard of red tea.  Has anyone out there tried this?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by image_altBucephalus.
  • September 6, 2018 at 1:13 pm

Red tea is just another word for rooibos tea.  Its claims are mostly hype.  It has been shown to help in areas of pain reduction, slightly, but any claims you have read about rapid fat loss are scams.  They either make up studies to try to show it works or they distort the interpretation of legitimate studies.  Even the research – which has been small, preliminary and far from conclusive – that says it may boost fat burning doesn’t mean it will lead to weight loss.  Your morning cup of coffee boosts fat burning, too, but your pounds aren’t melting away.  I would be very leery of any article making claims like that.  It’s also way better to skip detox diets.  Ask your doctor. You’ll find out they do way more harm than good. Be very careful with claims like that and look for better sources of information.  That site doesn’t look trustworthy at all.

• September 11, 2018 at 2:04 pm

I don’t want to be disrespectful, but that article is nonsense.  Don’t trust it.  Even the site itself is about detoxing, which doctors will tell you is a scam.  They’re going out of fashion for a reason – they don’t work and they can actually hurt you.

Red tea is just rooibos tea you can buy that anywhere.  Even Lipton has it.  Check your grocery store if you want it for cheap.  STill, it won’t detox you and it won’t make you lose weight.  It’s just tea.  You’d need to drink gallons of it to do that – and that’s if it even works, and they really don’t know that. Just drink it if it tastes good, but don’t expect miracles from a tea.