• May 6, 2019 at 11:51 am

Can anyone tell me of an athletic brand like with yoga clothes, athletic shoes, gear, that sort of thing that is socially responsible or that has sustainable sourcing or fair trade or that sort of thing? I’m starting to feel guilty about the products I buy and am looking for the right places to find what I need. That way I don’t have to open my clothing drawers and feel guilty that my efforts to get fit are abusing people and ruining the planet!

• May 9, 2019 at 12:02 pm

Good question. For shoes, I like Toms.  They give a pair of shoes to a person in need for every pair of shoes they sell.  For clothing, not sure, but very good question.

• May 16, 2019 at 12:13 pm

Have you seen BeGood for tees? They’re super soft and about as eco- and socially responsible as you can get.  They’re out of California.

• May 21, 2019 at 11:48 am

BeGood? Never heard of them, but I’ll check. Thanks, Anne.

Toms are great! Thanks Helen1.  I started wearing those last year.  I didn’t even know how socially responsible they were at the time. I just liked how comfortable they are.

• May 27, 2019 at 11:37 am

Just wanted to thank you for bringing up this topic, Brightstar. Since you posted, I’ve been thinking a lot more about the clothes I’ve been buying, where they came from and what buying them will impact.  I’d bought shoes that helped just because it was convenient, but I realized that I should be doing this more.