• June 17, 2019 at 11:39 am

Rhubarb seems to be in season because it’s at my supermarket. I’d like to cook with it for the first time.  What will it do for my health (assuming I don’t just add sugar to it).

• June 24, 2019 at 11:26 am

Just eat the stalk part and not the leaves. Some people think the leaves are toxic. I don’t know if that’s true, but why risk it?

Rhubarb is high in fiber, vitamin c, vitamin k, manganese, potassium and other vitamins and minerals.

A lot of people think you need to add sugar, but I don’t. I just cook it down in a bit of water in a pan until it’s a mush. Then, add it to yogurt, oatmeal or ice cream. Add a handful of berries like strawberries or blueberries and that’s all the sweetener you need. Yes, it has a tart taste, but it’s good!

<span class=”ILfuVd”><span class=”e24Kjd”> </span></span>

• June 27, 2019 at 12:19 pm

Wow, that’s awesome that it has so much good in it. I never even really think about Rhubarb. I feel like I should be buying some and seeing what I can do with it.

• July 4, 2019 at 1:45 pm

It never even occured to me to buy rhubarb.  I just think of it in strawberrry rhubarb pies. Is it still in season? I should look for it,

• July 11, 2019 at 11:37 am

I looked for it at the store, but I couldn’t find it.  Does my store not carry it or did I miss the season for it?

• July 15, 2019 at 1:41 pm

I couldn’t find it fresh, so I think I missed it, but there was some in the freezer section.