• May 13, 2021 at 2:06 pm

Is it better to run in the morning to get it done or in the evening to shake off the day’s stress and maybe sleep better?  How many days per week is ideal?

• May 18, 2021 at 11:59 am

The best time to do it is when you’re most likely to keep doing it. I like first thing in the morning because the temperature is better and there are fewer people out. Also, it’s done and over with, so I won’t be able to skip it later in the day. But I didn’t always used to do that. I had a buddy and we went right after dinner. So dinnertime, dinner clean-up, then walk.  Because my friend was going with me, I felt motivated to go so I wouldn’t let her down.

• May 27, 2021 at 1:53 pm

That’s really good advice.  For instance, even if the morning is technically the best time, if you’re relaly unlikely to do it at that time, it doesn’t matter. You won’t benefit from it at all. The best time for you is when you’re going to fit it in and keep doing it.  In that case, the smaller details just don’t matter.

• June 1, 2021 at 2:07 pm

Some people run every day. I’ve heard it’s good to take some time off to give the body the chance to recover. You could do 2 days on, 2 days off.  Use the other days for strength training and yoga.

• June 7, 2021 at 2:29 pm

Running in the morning is really working for me. I’m addicted. I actually enjoy getting out of bed for the first time since I was a kid.