• May 2, 2019 at 12:09 pm

I walk every day and enjoy it. I do some other cardio throughout the day.  But for strength training – which I really want to do – my motivation comes and goes. I think my fitbit has something to do with it.  It’s like it’s wasted time on my fitness record because it doesn’t register steps. I know it sounds stupid but since I can’t track it in the same way, the drive isn’t there.  How do I get my drive back?

• May 9, 2019 at 11:47 am

Try mixing up your strength training so it’s not the same boring workout you’re dreading.  If you don’t want to do the thing you would normally do, think about trying a new video or something like that.  The novelty might keep things fresh enough that you won’t avoid it on your low motivation days.

• May 14, 2019 at 12:06 pm

why don’t you let it earn you stuff.  Think of something you want to do – something small, but that you like – and then make a rule that you can’t do it until you’ve done your strength training workout.  Make sure that you knwo that you need to do your workout with effort, not just going through the motions.  I personally use dessert as mine.  If I do my workout, I get dessert (that i leave room for in my calories). If I don’t do my workout, I get peppermint tea or berry tea.

• May 20, 2019 at 1:11 pm

I’ve tried adding weights to my wrists and ankles.  I know it’s not a huge difference but it’s enough for me to start and then slip in any strength training I can during the rest of the week.  Even if I don’t do more than one strength training workout then at least I’ve used my muscles more.

• May 27, 2019 at 11:16 am

That may not sound like a big difference but I bet you’re noticing it.  It makes your body work harder so you are actually getting more out of each step. I wouldn’t say that it’s the same as strength training but it’s definitely better than regular walking. Nice job 🙂

• May 30, 2019 at 12:20 pm

Good idea, Penny4T.  I wouldn’t have thought of that.  I hope it keeps working for you.  Can you make the weights heavier as you get stronger?