• December 4, 2018 at 12:04 pm

I’m not saying that we should only pick one kind of exercise, but if there was a world where we had to do only one: swimming, running or cycling, which one is the best one? I’m trying to figure it out and I can’t come up with the answer.

• December 10, 2018 at 1:11 pm

I think if I had a pool extremely available, I’d go for that.  But even if one was down the street and not right on the same property, running is good.  That said, in the winter, I’d use a stationary bike over a treadmill.  Does that help?

• December 17, 2018 at 5:41 pm

Where I live, cycling isn’t an option all year round so I just automatically rule it out.  For me, the automatic would be an elliptical that has arm movement like a ski machine has.  A stationary bike with arms that move is good, too.  Swimming is great but only if you have it available all the time.  It’s also better not to always do the same workout so they each have their strong points and you can alternate.

• December 20, 2018 at 12:47 pm

I think it’s swimming all the way.  Cycling you use mostly just your legs. Swimming you use your whole body. It just makes sense that you get a way better workout out of it for cardio, fat burning and the whole thing.

• December 27, 2018 at 1:18 pm

I’m going for swimming if you want the most complete workout.  The only way you could get the same thing from cycling is if you added an upper body factor of some kind other than just holding on to the handlebars.

• January 1, 2019 at 6:49 pm

I’m not entirely sure why, but I think I’d go with running.  Running is a whole body workout. As long as you build up to it and your joints are in good shape, go for it.  If you have joint issues, then swimming.  I wouldn’t go with cycling.  Its motions are too restricted and focused on only specific muscle groups.