• September 16, 2019 at 2:02 pm

I’m going to be staying at a hotel with a saltwater swimming pool.  Out of curiosity, are there benefits to swimming in there instead of in the normal kind with chlorine?  Also, is it clean to be in salt water but no chlorine, or are those pools chlorinated, too?

• September 19, 2019 at 2:13 pm

I think it’s easier to float in a salt water pool.  Also, I think they’re equally clean (or equally gross, depending on how you want to see it).

• September 26, 2019 at 1:18 pm

I don’t think there’s really any difference.  I think it’s just a way to keep it naturally clean instead of being clean with chemicals.  A lot of people think it’s healthy to be in salt water, but I’d think that after all those tons of other people and kids have been in the pool, that will have killed off a lot of those benefits.

• October 1, 2019 at 2:54 pm

Curious, I wonder why so many places advertise it like it’s such a feature.  I guess it’s just for people who don’t want to douse themselves in all that chlorine.  It does burn the eyes and stink.

• October 7, 2019 at 2:53 pm

I personally prefer it because my skin, eyes and hair react badly to chlorine.