• October 15, 2018 at 12:49 pm

Is soy protein as good as the other forms? I was hoping to use one that is vegetarian if possible, or at least not from cattle.  Cows are bad for the environment and even though I’m not vegan, I’m trying to cut back on the amount that I eat from beef sources because of reducing my carbon footprint. Is soy protein my best option?

• October 18, 2018 at 1:46 pm

I don’t think it’s as good because I don’t think it’s a complete protein or something like that.  It’s likely one of the better vegetarian proteins but you probably have other options if all you’re looking for is environmental friendliness.  You can look for organic, grass fed and things like that.

• October 25, 2018 at 1:01 pm

I think it’s pretty good.  like Penny4 said, it’s not as good as some of the ones you get from animals, but for a vegan or vegetarian option, it’s a reallly good one.  Since you’re just trying to reduce what you’re getting from beef and dairy, would you be willing to go for other animal sources though?

• October 30, 2018 at 1:40 pm

Thanks guys. I’ll give it a try. Hopefully it will be what I want. I don’t know any non-cattle based ones that are animal proteins so until I find that I’ll just go with soy. I hope it’s good !