• September 27, 2018 at 12:55 pm

I’ve been offered a speed bike.  If all I want it for is just to head to the store or cycle around the neighborhood now and again, will it work for me or end up being more of a nuisance than it’s worth.  Ive never ridden a speed bike before.  Are they uncomfortable if you’re just cycling around?

• October 2, 2018 at 1:24 pm

I’d go for it.  You can always see if you like it and if you don’t, you can give it back or sell it.  they work just like other bikes, only shaped slightly differently.  It may not be your most comfortable ride, but if it’s between that and no bike, go for it.

• October 8, 2018 at 2:26 pm

I’d just go for it.  You can always give it back if you don’t like it.  Is it possible for you to give it a test ride so you can see if you like it?  Can you just ride it around the owner’s neighborhood? That might be very helpful for you to know what you’ll think about the bike in the way you’d use it in your real life.

• October 11, 2018 at 8:43 pm

Envirotodd has a point. Yes.  Definitely just give it a test drive if you can, or test drive a similar one if you can’t try out that specific one.  That will give you the chance to know if a speed bike will work for what you need it for.